The Jewish Outreach Innovation Network
In the footsteps of Abraham
The Jewish Outreach Innovation Network is a gathering of Jewish leaders committed to the life-transforming power of conversion to Judaism. We embrace the message of Rabbi Elazar and Rabbi Yochanan, who stated that God scattered the Jewish people among the nations of the world as one scatters seed, in order to bring up a greater harvest of converts to Judaism.
We believe that the time has come for Judaism to assert its rightful place as one of the great wellsprings of human spiritual wisdom. We do not seek to see a world that is entirely or only Jewish, but we will hope, pray, and act to create a world where more people have access to Jewish wisdom, practice, and community, whether as Jews or as non-Jewish lovers of Torah.
We believe that it is a mitzvah to share the blessings of God and Torah with all would hear our message and be drawn to it, as laid out by the great Rabbi Maimonides, who taught that the commandment to love God is in truth a commandment to bring others into loving relationship with God. We believe that the call to the repair the world includes repairing the broken souls of our neighbors; souls that would be healed by Torah if only they knew that our sacred path is open to them. We are gathered to bring awareness to this important mitzvah and to help Jews to fulfill it.
We seek to be a resource for Jews and Jewish communities, as they:
- Promote the principles, beliefs and practices of Judaism in the public square, as Abraham and Sarah did in Haran.
- Share the message of Judaism to all nations, as Isaac did when he sought converts among the Canaanites , and in fulfillment of the prophecy: "In that day many nations will attach themselves to the LORD and become His people."
- Invite into the covenant those already close to the Jewish people through family and community ties, as Jacob did when he brought his family and household to convert at Beth El.
- Advocate for Judaism among the doubtful and uncertain, as Hillel did to those skeptical students who later came under the wings of the Divine Presence.
- Speak about Judaism and conversion in everyday life, as Onkelos did with the Roman legions.
- Invite seekers into synagogues and other Jewish spaces, as Abraham and Sarah did with their open tent.
- Connect prospective converts to welcoming communities, as God brought together Ruth, Naomi, and Boaz.
To further these aims, we are assembling a team of expert Jewish leaders who can assist Jews and Jewish communities with all theoretical and practical aspects of proactive conversion. These experts will advise synagogues and rabbis, plan community programs and events, serve as speakers on these issues, write articles on these issues, create informative online content, and serve as the public face of conversion in general and proactive conversion specifically.